“You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed” is a famous quote from a famous novella of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. This quote is often used when we talk about pets, reflecting on the responsibility we take when bring a pet to the house.
There comes a day when we decide to move. Is there a way to ease your pet’s stress? Oddly enough, it would be better if someone familiar to your pet could take care of them. In case there is no such possibility, the following suggestions of our company may help you:
- Before moving into a new apartment, visit the vet. Update the information on the pet microchip (take down new address and phone number)
- It is a no brainer that pets would be extremely curious about these mysterious boxes. Distract them: you can leave a separate box for cats (it’s their soft spot), and have a bone or a new toy ready for dogs.
- Don’t feed animals right before the trip. Make sure to walk dogs before you go.
- Take away water bowls during transportation. If it is too hot for animals, bring wet sponges along.
- Needless to say that you shouldn’t transport animals in the cargo hold of the car. Use a hard-sided carrier and keep it on your lap.